Sunday, October 5, 2008

Happy Bluebird card


I love this color combo; it's so soft. I wanted to see how the bird would look if it were glittered because of the detail flourishes on the body. It didn't come out at clearly defined as I wanted so I went back in with Tombo glue and filled in the swirls with more glitter to make a solid image. I think next time I would just stamp the bird and use the Versa Mark to fill in the swirls before I added the glitter.
I didn't have Cocoa ribbon (next SU order I think) and I didn't like how dark the Chocolate Chip ribbon was. Then I remembered seeing a YouTube vidoe on dyeing your own ribbon. I used the Cocoa stamp pad and ran a piece of white ribbon across it to dye the ribbon, andit worked great! Of course I now have stained fingers, but it's a small price to pay for a pretty card!
All supplies Stampin' Up, unless noted.
Finished size: 4 x 4 1/4 inches
Stamp set: Always
Paper: Baja Breeze, Close to Cocoa, Whisper White
Ink: Close to Cocoa, VersaMark
Accessories: Window Word punch, Cosmo glitter, Heat & Stick Powder, white satin ribbon (Joann's), Stampin' dimensionals

No comments: