Sunday, November 16, 2008

Christmas cards



I have been playing with Mom's "Holiday Lineup" set from Stampin' Up...and LOVE IT! :) (I wonder if she'll notice if I keep the set??? Just kidding!) There are three images to the set and here are examples using two of them. The third is a line of reindeer with Rudolph in the middle, which I haven't finished yet.
The snowman card is still a little plain I think, but I love the glitter on the image. I stamped it in black and colored the clothes in Bashful Blue, added a touch of Pumpkin Pie for their noses, put glue on the snowman bodies and dusted it with Dazzling Diamonds glitter. I stamped the sentiment in Bashful Blue, punched it with the Large Tag Punch, and added a small silver brad from Making Memories.
I have a small gift project in mind with this stamp as well, but we will see how that goes. Time is of course the main issue... :)
On the second card, I used a Riding Hood Red base and added a piece of patterned paper from DCWV's Holiday Stack. The elves were colored with Blush Blossom, Garden Green and Real Red markers. I added a touch of Blush Blosson pastels to their cheeks for that "fresh from the snow" flush. I still may add some green glitter to their collars, but I don't have a fine glitter in the shade of green I need (Ooohh...trip to the craft store is in order I guess!). I used the Scallop punch in Garden Green and layered the sentiment from the "Best Yet" set on top, after sponging the edge in Riding Hood Red ink.
I have a new order from SU coming on Tuesday and I can't wait. I ordered some supplies to make a really cute turkey using the punches and some Designer Paper for Thanksgiving. I am planning to make one for each place setting at the table. Once I have one finished I will post it here. There is an example of the turkey on YouTube by Dawn5377...definetly check it out!

No comments: