Sunday, November 16, 2008

Ho ho ho card

This is the third card I made on Friday while the kids were playing with Playdoh. :)

I used Riding Hood Red for the base, added a layer of patterned paper from DCWV's Christmas Stack (Thanks Jenny for finding this stack on huge clearance after last Christmas!), and added a piece of Whisper White on top. Where is the white you ask? I used this card as a chance to try out my brayer. I stamped "Ho Ho Ho" with Versamark and embossed with clear embossing powder. I then brayered over the words with green ink (and I'm sorry, the color has just gone out of my head...!!! It's from last season's In Colors...darnit! Maybe I will remember as I keep typing.) When I wiped over the words, the white popped. After I went through all of this, I realized I could have used green cardstock and embossed in white just as easily, but it was a chance to learn how the brayer worked. I have seen some gorgeous backgrounds using brayers that I would love to try down the road.

I still can't remember the color of the green ink, but I will add it once I finally remember.

UPDATE 11/23/08: I finally remember! It was Wild Wasabi. Man, that was driving me crazy!

No comments: